As part of the Board of Trustees' five-year strategic plan, the administration and Board identified several improvements to strengthen the school's athletic facilities. These improvements will impact our field hockey, golf, lacrosse, squash, swimming, diving and water polo programs, at all levels — and, as a bonus, provide additional parking to support all of these activities. These enhancements will also provide much-needed flexibility for the varsity teams, PE program, middle school teams, and youth sports program. This expedited schedule will allow current students and families to take advantage of these enhancements for the 2020-2021 school year. As with all construction, our goal is to minimize program interruptions.
PROJECT TIMELINE & RENDERINGS
- A GOLF PRACTICE AREA north of the tennis courts was completed in spring 2019 — in time for the boys golf season.
- PHASE ONE OF A NEW PARKING LOT off Clayton Road was completed in December 2019. Over spring break, we plan to widen the exit to Clayton Road so that there are two full lanes — one for left turns and one for right turns. Final work on the lot will include landscaping and integration with the expanded field hockey/lacrosse field during the spring and summer. This project nets more than 72 additional parking spaces.
- As part of the scheduled replacement of synthetic turf on the FIELD HOCKEY FIELD, we plan to expand the field to support practice and regulation play for LACROSSE. Work on this multi-use venue will begin in May and be ready for use at the end of the summer.
- Construction of a new NATATORIUM, including an eight-lane regulation pool, new locker rooms and a 200-seat viewing area, begins this winter and is expected to be complete in time for the boys swim season. The new natatorium will be built immediately south of the current pool which will remain fully operational during construction, supporting our swimming, diving, water polo and camp programs.
- Once the new pool is operational, we will build four regulation SQUASH COURTS, along with additional flexible court space and a viewing area, on the old pool footprint.
We are grateful for the early and generous support of these projects by more than 60 families (past and present). While these initial gifts do not cover the full cost of the project, we hope that more families will be inspired to give once all projects are underway. Please contact Ginger Imster if you would like to learn more or get involved: email@example.com or 314-993-4045 ext. 256.